Geisberg Bros.

Cobbler

116 Benson Street
Anderson, SC 29624

FAMILIES:

LINKS:

Geisberg Bros. operated at 116 East Benson Street in Anderson, South Carolina, from at least 1915 until 1922, when it was known as Geisberg Bros. Shoe Company. Owners Harry (1891-1974) and Leopold Geisberg (1873-1931), brothers were the sons of Austrian immigrant Oscar Geisberg (1845-1920) and Carrie Lesser Geisberg (1856-1933), whose family was prominent in Anderson’s Jewish community.

The Jewish Merchant Project is supported by the generosity of the Norman and Gerry Sue Arnold Foundation and the Stanley B. Farbstein Endowment at the Coastal Community Foundation. Longtime members of the JHSSC, Mr. Arnold obm, a merchant himself, and Mr. Farbstein obm were both children of South Carolina Jewish merchants.

JHSSC Office
Sylvia Vlosky Yaschik Jewish Studies Center
96 Wentworth Street
Charleston, SC 29424
Phone: 843 953 3918
Email: jhssc@cofc.edu