Greenville Army Navy Store

Merchant
1946 – present

660 S. Main Street
Greenville, SC

FAMILIES: Zaglin

Harry Henry Zaglin (1910-1995) opened Greenville Army Navy Store in the historic West End of Greenville in 1946. Zaglin was the son of Rabbi Charles Zaglin and Evelyn Rose Zaglin. Rabbi Zaglin moved to Wilmington, North Carolina, from Lithuania in 1907 and then to Greenville around 1909 to serve as Congregation Beth Israel’s first rabbi. Harry’s son, Jeff, took over the store’s management in the mid-1980s.

The Jewish Merchant Project is supported by the generosity of the Norman and Gerry Sue Arnold Foundation and the Stanley B. Farbstein Endowment at the Coastal Community Foundation. Longtime members of the JHSSC, Mr. Arnold obm, a merchant himself, and Mr. Farbstein obm were both children of South Carolina Jewish merchants.

JHSSC Office
Sylvia Vlosky Yaschik Jewish Studies Center
96 Wentworth Street
Charleston, SC 29424
Phone: 843 953 3918
Email: jhssc@cofc.edu