L. Gordin

Merchant
1910? – 1950?


Pinewood, SC

FAMILIES: Gordin

Louis Gordin (1880-1962) immigrated from Lomsk, Russia around 1905 and opened Gordin Brothers by 1907 with his brothers, Morris Gordin (1885-1957) and Reuben Gordin (1887-1937). Louis later moved to Pinewood, where he ran L. Gordin, a dry goods store, for more than forty years.

The Jewish Merchant Project is supported by the generosity of the Norman and Gerry Sue Arnold Foundation and the Stanley B. Farbstein Endowment at the Coastal Community Foundation. Longtime members of the JHSSC, Mr. Arnold obm, a merchant himself, and Mr. Farbstein obm were both children of South Carolina Jewish merchants.

JHSSC Office
Sylvia Vlosky Yaschik Jewish Studies Center
96 Wentworth Street
Charleston, SC 29424
Phone: 843 953 3918
Email: jhssc@cofc.edu