Louis Alexander Meyerson (1893-1980) moved to Spartanburg about 1910 to work as a salesman for his brother-in-law, Abraham “Abe” Goldberg (b. 1877). By 1916, Meyerson was manager of A. Goldberg, a position he held until opening Meyerson’s about 1924. The company, which sold men’s clothing and furnishings, incorporated by 1926 with L.A. Meyerson as president and his younger brother, Michael Meyerson (1900-1987), served as the company’s vice president. The year after the business closed, Michael Meyerson opened The Man’s Store in this storefront and his brother opened Princess Slipper Shoppe in the adjoining storefront (111 East Main Street). The brothers went into business together again in the 1930s under the name Worthmore Clothes Shops, Inc.