Fleishman Teen Corner and Record Shop
116 South McDuffie Street
Anderson, SC 29624
Fleishman Teen Corner and Record Shop began operating at 116 South McDuffie Street in Anderson, South Carolina sometime between 1946 and 1950. The store name changed to Fleishman Teen Corner in 1952 and to Fleishman’s Teen Corner the following year; by this time the store only sold clothing. Its owner was World War II veteran Alvin Theodore Fleishman (1921-2009), the son of Anderson merchants Nathan Fleishman (1894-1969) and Sarah L. Fleishman (1898-1974). Alvin also co-owned Fleishman Company, his parent’s primary business. Fleishman’s Teen Corner moved to 114 South McDuffie in 1957, to 112 South McDuffie in 1958, and closed sometime after 1960.
Alvin Fleishman emcees at Temple B’nai Israel’s 50th anniversary celebration in 1998.
Photo by Dale Rosengarten. Special Collections, College of Charleston Libraries.