Eagle Mens Store

Clothier
1956-1970

569 King Street
Charleston, SC 29403

FAMILIES: Doobrow, Mendelson

Charleston native Louie Doobrow (1905-1980) and his wife, Gussie Mendelson (1906-1981), opened Eagle Mens Store at 569 King St in 1956. The couple previously operated The Nursery Center at 3697 Rivers Avenue in North Charleston. The store closed in 1970.

The Jewish Merchant Project is supported by the generosity of the Henry & Sylvia Yaschik Foundation and the Stanley B. Farbstein Endowment at the Coastal Community Foundation.

JHSSC Office
Sylvia Vlosky Yaschik Jewish Studies Center
96 Wentworth Street
Charleston, SC 29424
Phone: 843 953 3918