Morris Levin immigrated to the United States from eastern Europe in 1886. In 1895, Levin married Alice Kolikant, who immigrated to the United States from Georgenberg, Russia (present-day Jurbarkas, Lithuania) that same year. Levin founded a dry goods store on Bay Street around 1888, which he operated until he retired in 1928. After Levin’s retirement, Hirsch’s Quality Shop moved into the building previously occupied by Levin’s store.
Above: Reprinted from The State, January 19, 1916.