Williamsburg Building Supply Company


400 Scott Street
Kingstree, SC

FAMILIES: Lesselbaum; Mischner

After they returned from military service in World War II, Harold Lesselbaum (1919-2007) and Herman “Red” Mischner (1919-2004), who both attended the University of Georgia, opened Williamsburg Building Supply Company on Scott Street in Kingstree, South Carolina. Their business prospered, and in 1954 they opened a second location in Johnsonville, South Carolina. Lesselbaum and Mischner retired in 1985 and 1987, respectively.

Main Image: Harold Lesselbaum. The Cypress Knee (The Forestry Club of the George Foster Peabody School of Forestry, University of Georgia, 1941).

The Jewish Merchant Project is supported by the generosity of the Henry & Sylvia Yaschik Foundation and the Stanley B. Farbstein Endowment at the Coastal Community Foundation.

JHSSC Office
Sylvia Vlosky Yaschik Jewish Studies Center
96 Wentworth Street
Charleston, SC 29424
Phone: 843 953 3918