(later Sol Surasky’s, circa 1929)
After 1921 when the Surasky Brothers business dissolved, Solomon “Sol” Surasky (1876-1941) and Samuel “Sam” Surasky (1879-1949) remained together and conducted business under the name Surasky’s Department Store. The two brothers were a pair at 846 Laurens Street (present-day 118 Laurens Street SW) until 1929 when Sam Surasky moved to Marion, North Carolina to open his own store. Sol Surasky operated the business until his passing in 1941, after which his son Harry Surasky (1909-1974) ran the store for a few more years until he closed the store in 1944.
Main Image: Advertisement for Sol and Sam Surasky’s, 1924. Reprinted from the Aiken Standard, May 28, 1924.