In 1935, Edwin Warren Moise (1883-1945) founded E.W. Moise & Sons at 28 and one-half North Main Street in Sumter, South Carolina. The business sold all sorts of appliances, including stoves, refrigerators, and radios. In 1942, Moise relocated the business to 125 South Harvin Street. E.W. Moise & Sons closed a few months after Edwin Warren Moise’s death in June 1945, after which his three surviving sons likely ran the business.
Main Image: E.W. Moise & Sons advertisement. Reprinted from The Item, August 26, 1935.