Edward Kronsberg (1903-1985), the proprietor of the Edward’s retail chain, opened the first of two stores in Georgetown in 1958. It, along with approximately 30 other locations, was sold to Big K-Kuhn Brothers of Nashville, Tennessee in 1977.
Main image: Georgetown store opening, 1958. Left to right: Buddy Kronsberg, Rabbi Gerald Wolpe (Emanu-El, Charleston), Abe Fogel, Georgetown Mayor Sylvan Rosen, Hattie Barshay Kronsberg, Erma Levkoff Rosen, and Freddie Weinberg Kronsberg. Image courtesy of Special Collections, College of Charleston