After the death of Theodore Kohn (1840-1902) in 1902, his son, Sol (1870-1950), carried on the family business, Kohn’s. Around 1908, Sol was joined by Montana-native Bertram Kahnweiler (1884-1933), who made frequent trips to northern port cities to restock merchandise for the store. Kahnweiler eventually became a partner in the business, and Kohn’s was rebranded Kohn-Kahnweiler.
Main Image: Kohn’s advertisement. Reprinted from The Times and Democrat, October 17, 1907.