In 1963, Roselen Morris Rivkin (1926-2008) and Arnold Rivkin (1922-2008), owners of Edward’s Men’s Shop on Assembly Street, opened Mark’s Men’s Wear at 1321 Main Street. The clothier featured “traditional and style clothes at moderate prices.” Around 1980, the Rivkins’ son, Allen (born 1947), took over management of the store. In 1981, Mark’s Men’s Wear relocated to 1625 Main Street, where it remained until it closed in 2016.
Main Image: Interior of Mark’s Men’s Wear before its grand opening sale, 1963. Courtesy The State Newspaper Photograph Archive, Richland Library, Columbia, SC.
Reprinted from The State, March 26, 1964.