Mark’s Men’s Wear

Clothier
1981-2016

1625 Main Street
Columbia, SC

FAMILIES: Rivkin; Morris

In 1963, Roselen Morris Rivkin (1926-2008) and Arnold Rivkin (1922-2008), owners of Edward’s Men’s Shop on Assembly Street, opened Mark’s Men’s Wear at 1321 Main Street. The clothier featured “traditional and style clothes at moderate prices.” Around 1980, the Rivkins’ son, Allen (born 1947), took over management of the store. In 1981, Mark’s Men’s Wear relocated to 1625 Main Street, where it remained until it closed in 2016.

Main Image: Mark’s Men’s Wear, 1625 Main Street, 2013.

The Jewish Merchant Project is supported by the generosity of the Norman and Gerry Sue Arnold Foundation and the Stanley B. Farbstein Endowment at the Coastal Community Foundation. Longtime members of the JHSSC, Mr. Arnold obm, a merchant himself, and Mr. Farbstein obm were both children of South Carolina Jewish merchants.

JHSSC Office
Sylvia Vlosky Yaschik Jewish Studies Center
96 Wentworth Street
Charleston, SC 29424
Phone: 843 953 3918
Email: jhssc2020@gmail.com