Martin’s Men’s Shop


811 Bay Street
Beaufort, SC

FAMILIES: Levine; Weitzner

Goldie Weitzner (1918-2011) and Martin Levine (1914-1980) married in 1940. The couple moved to Beaufort in 1950, where they owned and operated Martin’s Men’s Shop on Bay Street for over thirty years.

Martin’s Men’s Shop and Palmetto Studio display windows along Bay Street (1967) 
Culp Collection, Courtesy of Beaufort County Library, (SC)

The Jewish Merchant Project is supported by the generosity of the Henry & Sylvia Yaschik Foundation and the Stanley B. Farbstein Endowment at the Coastal Community Foundation.

JHSSC Office
Sylvia Vlosky Yaschik Jewish Studies Center
96 Wentworth Street
Charleston, SC 29424
Phone: 843 953 3918