The Hub, a men’s furnishings store originally operated by Theodore “Ted” Fleishman (1901-1963), opened between 1931 and 1934 at 217 South Main Street in Anderson, South Carolina. Previously, Theo worked as a clerk at the Fleishman Company, run by his brother, Nathan Fleishman (1894 – 1969), and Philip Klyne (b. 1896). Both Ted and his wife, Florence Breen Fleishman (1905-1999) were children of Russian immigrants who settled in the northeast United States. By 1940, Ted had become a traveling salesman, and Rachael Leah Poliakoff (1888-1969) became the manager of The Hub. Both Poliakoff and her husband, Samuel (1875-1925), were born in Russia and immigrated to the United States in 1905. The Hub closed by 1942.