Aronson & Tigler

Merchant
1908-1910


Gourdin, SC 29590

FAMILIES: Aronson; Schrieberg

Russian immigrants Solomon Samuel Aronson (1884 – 1973) and Joseph Tigler (1883-1940) formed a partnership in Gourdin, Williamsburg County, South Carolina, by 1908. The company also employed Harry Sopman (1890-1969), who immigrated from Russia in 1907. By 1911, the partners were operating separate business, S.S. Aronson and J. Tigler.

Main Image: Advertisement for Aronson & Tigler. Reprinted from the (Kingstree) County Democrat.

The Jewish Merchant Project is supported by the generosity of the Henry & Sylvia Yaschik Foundation and the Stanley B. Farbstein Endowment at the Coastal Community Foundation.

JHSSC Office
Sylvia Vlosky Yaschik Jewish Studies Center
96 Wentworth Street
Charleston, SC 29424
Phone: 843 953 3918