Booth-Harby Live Stock Company


Sumter, SC 29150


The consolidation of A. D. Harby’s business, A. D. Harby, and the Booth Live Stock Company, owned by J. P. Booth and E. S. Booth, in 1908 created the Booth-Harby Live Stock Company. The Booth-Harby Live Stock Company sold farm products, buggies, carriages, livestock, and building material. The Booth-Harby Live Stock Company remained in operation until the end of 1913, when it became the Booth-Schuler Lumber & Supply Co.

Above: Reprinted from The Watchman and Southron, September 30, 1908

The Jewish Merchant Project is supported by the generosity of the Henry & Sylvia Yaschik Foundation and the Stanley B. Farbstein Endowment at the Coastal Community Foundation.

JHSSC Office
Sylvia Vlosky Yaschik Jewish Studies Center
96 Wentworth Street
Charleston, SC 29424
Phone: 843 953 3918