From 1883 to 1894, Henry J. Harby (1858-1938) ran his own business, H. Harby. From its location on the corner of Sumter and Liberty Streets, Harby sold construction material, farm supplies, and livestock. H. Harby also sold wagons and wagon parts for the Wilson, Childs & Co Wagon Works of Philadelphia, Pennsylvania. In 1895, Harby & Co. succeeded H. Harby.
Above: Reprinted from The Watchman and Southron, February 19, 1884