Finkelstein’s

Clothier
1934-1990


Orangeburg, SC

FAMILIES: Finkelstein

In 1934, Polish immigrant Karl Finkelstein (1871-1954), owner of Orangeburg dry goods and clothing store K. Finkelstein, formed clothier Finkelstein’s with his son, Lester Finkelstein (1909-1995), and wife, Minnie Rosenbaum Finkelstein (1879-1962). Known simply as “Fink’s,” Finkelstein’s remained in business until Lester retired in 1990.

Main Image: Karl Finkelstein. Reprinted from The Times and Democrat, March 8, 1954.

 

Above Image: Finkelstein’s advertisement. Reprinted from The Times and Democrat, October 18, 1940.

 

Above Image: Finkelstein’s advertisement. Reprinted from The Times and Democrat, October 26, 1943.

The Jewish Merchant Project is supported by the generosity of the Henry & Sylvia Yaschik Foundation and the Stanley B. Farbstein Endowment at the Coastal Community Foundation.

JHSSC Office
Sylvia Vlosky Yaschik Jewish Studies Center
96 Wentworth Street
Charleston, SC 29424
Phone: 843 953 3918