After seven years at 265 King Street, Max Furchgott (1844-1921) moved M. Furchgott & Co. to 240-242 King Street, advertised as “in the bend of King Street.” In 1910, he renamed the business M. Furchgott & Sons as his three sons, Sons Arthur (1884-1971), Melvin (1886-1960), and Oscar (1890-1949), became partners. Arthur left the business by the time of Max’s death in 1921, and Oscar left a few years later to open Furchgott’s Women’s Apparel Shop in Florence. Melvin closed the business about 1932.
Main image: Furchgott & Sons, 240-242 King Street, 1910s. Image courtesy of the Furchgott/Furchtgott family