S&S Package Shop

Liquor Store

1028 Broad Street
Camden, SC

FAMILIES: Schlosburg

In 1935, Carl Schlosburg (1905-1961), a former wholesale grocer, opened liquor store S&S Package Shop at 1028 Main Street in Camden, SC. Carl would go on to found Camden Iron & Metal Co. with his brother, Leon Schlosburg (1900-1976), in the late-1930s and become one of the owners of Sarsfield Supper Club when it opened in 1940.

Main Image: S&S Package Shop advertisement. Reprinted from The Camden Chronicle, May 31, 1935.

The Jewish Merchant Project is supported by the generosity of the Henry & Sylvia Yaschik Foundation and the Stanley B. Farbstein Endowment at the Coastal Community Foundation.

JHSSC Office
Sylvia Vlosky Yaschik Jewish Studies Center
96 Wentworth Street
Charleston, SC 29424
Phone: 843 953 3918